WELCOME TO READY 2 GO DRIVING SCHOOL FRANKSTON
Offering driving lessons in Frankston, Mornington and Carrum Downs
Accredited driving instructor and registered A.D.T.A.V member
Great Learning Environment
Comfortable environment to give you a positive experience.
Automatic Car Available
Learn in our 2012 Toyota Corolla Automatic. See image of car below.
Free Lesson with Keys2Drive
As an accredited Keys2Drive instructor, you’re entitled to a FREE 60 minute lesson.
Manual Car Available
If you prefer manual, we have a 2015 Honda City Manual available. See image of car below.
SERVICE AREA & TRADING HOURS
Servicing from Moorabbin to Mornington
We service the following areas:
Moorabbin, Oakley, Mordialloc, Chelsea, Carrum, Patterson Lakes, Bonbeach, Seaford, Carrum Downs, Frankston, Langwarrin, Somerville, Mt Eliza, Skye, Sandhurst, Baxter, Mornington, Mt Martha, Parkdale, Pearcedale, Tyabb, McCrae, Safety Beach, Dromana
Monday to Saturday: 7:00am – 7:00pm
Call Colin on +61 419 302 977 for more information.
SOME OF OUR PAST STUDENTS GETTING THEIR P’S
If you’re searching the web for any of the following keywords: driving school Frankston, driving lessons Frankston or any other area from Moorabbin to Mornington, you’ve come to the right place.
GET A FREE LESSON
As we are an accredited Keys2Drive instructor, you’re entitled to a FREE 60 minute lesson. To get your free lesson, please follow these steps:
1. Click here and register with Keys 2 Drive. You will be given an ID number.
2. Once you have received your Keys 2 Drive ID number, please either call us on +61 419 302 977 or use the form below to book your free lesson.
COMMON ERRORS DURING A DRIVE TEST
During your test, the officer will be keeping an eye out for what are known as critical errors and immediate termination errors.
Critical errors arise when you make a decision during your test with the potential to create an unsafe situation, but that is not considered to pose an immediate threat. A student must not make more than two critical errors throughout the course of the test.
Some examples of a critical error might include:
- driving too slowly
- blocking a pedestrian from crossing
- a failure to look or signal, as long as pedestrians or other road users are not put in danger
- stalling the vehicle
- allowing a wheel to make contact with the kerb when parking
- a failure to stop completely at a stop sign, as long as pedestrians or other road users are not put in danger
Where immediate termination errors occur you will be deemed immediately unsuccessful and your test will be terminated. These usually only happen if your driving puts yourself or other road users and pedestrians at risk.
Some examples of an immediate termination error might include:
- failure to signal, give way or check for cars and pedestrians, resulting in another road user having to take action to avoid a collision
- mounting the kerb while driving
- collision with another vehicle
- stopping the car in a dangerous place
- driving through a stop sign or red traffic light
- exceeding the speed limit by any amount for more than five seconds, by 5 km/h or more, or by any amount when driving in a school speed limit area
- failure to listen and respond appropriately to a direction from the officer conducting your test, or the police
- making a decision that results in your testing officer having to provide support
DO YOU DO PICK-UP & DROP-OFF?
Yes. Pick Up & Drop Off is available at Ready 2 Go. For your convenience, simply tell us where you would like to be picked up and dropped off, and we’ll make sure it happens.
WHICH VICROADS CENTRES TEST DO YOU COVER?
Colin conducts tests at the Dromana, Frankston, Heatherton, and Dandenong VicRoads Centres.
I HAVE NO DRIVING EXPERIENCE. HOW MANY CLASSES SHOULD I TAKE?
This can vary slightly, depending on the ability and aptitude of the learner. For somebody who has never driven before, we estimate it will take somewhere in the region of 16 to 20 lessons to get you up to test standard. If you already have some driving experience under your belt (for instance if you’ve been supervised by a family member or friend) you will probably require somewhere between eight and 12 lessons.
CAN I USE MY OWN CAR?
The short answer is yes. Ideally you will opt to use a READY 2 GO car, as they are fitted with dual controls for added safety. However, if you have a strong reason for wanting to learn in your own vehicle, talk to us about it and we’ll consider what is possible. It’s probably worth noting that even if you do choose to use your own vehicle, the price of your lessons will remain the same.